tirsdag 13. august 2019

Perdita vs Jack Daw


Last test game before the tourney. I promised I wouldn't bring Lady J against Ressers this time, so I brought Perdita and her family and friends instead.

My list:
Perdita, LLC - 2
Enslaved Nephilim
Judge - 11
Santiago - 8
Nino - 7
Monster Hunter - 6
Monster Hunter - 6
Guild Steward - 6
Cache - 4

Morbius' list:
Jack Daw, Grave Spirit's Touch
Totem
Montressor
Jakumaa Umbe
Nurse
Hanged
Hanged
Guilty
Guilty
Cache - 0

Strategy: Plant Explosives
Schemes: Breakthrough (Guild), Hold Up Their Forces, Take Prisoner (Ressers), Assassinate (Both), & Deliver A Message


I try to deploy aggressively on the right flank so that I can shoot him with Nino while advancing with the MHs for planting explosives and scoring Breakthrough. This turns out to not work as well as I had hoped, as Nino is pushed and pulled forwards and backwards and is quickly despatched by a hanged and Jack Daw. Oh well, at least I managed to Creep Along on him before he bit the dust. Judge kills a Guilty with his pistol and gains an upgrade (yay :/). Perdita pushes forward and does some dmg.

My MHs put out some bombs and one of them manages to walk into the opposing DZ. Morbius spends his Jack Daw activation on killing the other one and moving into contact with the second to score Take Prisoner (unfortunately for him, the slippery MH uses deadly pursuit to get away before he can score) Perdita kills the Nurse and does 8dmg to Montressor, who runs away to hide. Santiago is killed by Jakumaa Umbe and a Guilty pops up. Guild is up 1-0


MH scores Breakthrough and the Judge kills another Guilty, which is great, as the upgrades don't stack. Perdita kills Jakumaa Umbe and the Guild Steward continues to plant those all-important bombs. Jack and a Hanged manages to kill Perdita for a single assassination point. Guild goes to 3-1.



We end here as we are running out of time. Given enough time, this would probably end 6-3 to the Guild, as Jack might to score two points by planting bombs, while the MH should be able to score Breakthrough unopposed. The two Hanged are low on life, but my only really killy model left is the Judge, so it is hard for me to stop him from scoring points by placing bombs. A good game.

Thoughts on the lists:
I like the list, even though I manage to give away Nino early and did not provide him significant backup. I made some significant deployment errors by isolating him on the flank, but luckily I was not punished too harshly for it. My opponent's list was fun to play against, and I am sure it will be close games for me in the future when both he and I understand how it works a little better. I think he made a mistake by advancing so cautiously with Jack early. Yes, it let him kill a few of my models, but ultimately lost him a few points from the strategy. On the other hand, it prevented me from getting good shots at him and scoring assassinate as well.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Norwegian Open

During the weekend 23-24. December, the Malifaux Norwegian Open tournament took place. We were 14 attendees, about half of which came from o...